What is GLA:D™ (Good Life with osteoArthritis Denmark)
- GLA:D™ is an 8-week education and exercise program delivered by certified physiotherapists for people with symptoms of hip or knee osteoarthritis (OA)
- It was developed in Denmark with more than 10,000 participants
- Results from Denmark at one year follow-up include
- 27% reduction in pain intensity
- 37% and 45% reduction in joint related pain medication for knee and hip OA participants respectively
- Over 30% increase in self-reported physical activity
- GLA:D™ has been shown to improve a patient’s quality of life with long term positive outcomes.
GLA:D™ Canada Program Includes:
- Initial Assessment
- 2 Educational Sessions (1.5 hours/session)
- 12 Group Exercise Sessions, twice a week for 6 weeks (1 hour/session)
- The program includes a data collection component to measure participant outcomes for quality monitoring. Data collection is consensual and strictly voluntarily. Participants can still be a part of the program without the data collection component. Data is collected at the start, three months and one year after participation.